Can Tho Tours
All Can Tho Tours
Can Tho is a city directly under the Central Government, and the largest city in the Mekong Delta region. It has a dense network of rivers, creating strengths for the development of river tourism. Besides, because there is a large area of fruit trees, it helps the tourism of orchards in Can Tho to develop more and more.
Although it is a modern city, Can Tho still retains the traditional and cultural features inherent in the West of Vietnam. When visiting Can Tho, visitors not only experience attractive places, and specialty dishes, etc. but also meet local people who are friendly, simple, and hospitable.
Top attractive destinations in Can Tho
Ninh Kieu Wharf
Located on the banks of Hau River, Ninh Kieu Wharf is a great destination for you to explore the beauty of Can Tho at night. You can take a stroll and enjoy the charming river scenery here. In particular, every evening there are yachts on the river, so visitors can have dinner and enjoy music on the yacht.
Address: Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho.
Tran Phu night market
Tran Phu night market is considered Can Tho’s largest seafood market. This night market sells a range of fresh and tasty seafood like shrimps, crabs, squids, and more, all of which are directly prepared and guaranteed to be safe and sanitary. Besides, this place also sells a lot of fruits, fast food, drinks, etc.
Address: Tran Phu Street, Cai Khe Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City.
Can Tho bridge
Can Tho bridge can be seen as a symbol of Can Tho city. This is considered the longest cable-stayed bridge in Southeast Asia. The bridge connects the two banks of Can Tho and Vinh Long. At night, visitors can come here to watch and admire the beautiful panoramic view of the city at night.
Address: Hung Phu Ward, Cai Rang District, Can Tho City.
Ong Pagoda is a famous and typical temple of the Chinese people in the Southwest region. Ong Pagoda is not only a sacred place for you to pray for peace and happiness, but it also impresses you with one of the most beautiful temples in the Southwest region.
Address: 32 Hai Ba Trung Street, Tan An Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho
Cai Rang floating market
When tourists come to Can Tho, they choose Cai Rang floating market as the first place to visit. The market is crowded with boats with diverse products such as fruits, specialty dishes, and drinks, etc. not inferior to any market on the shore.
Address: on Cai Rang River, Cai Rang District, Can Tho.
Rice noodle factory
After going to Cai Rang floating market, you should combine with a visit to the traditional rice noodle-making village to learn the process of making rice noodles that are famous all over the land of Can Tho. Cai Rang has many families making rice noodles, the most famous ones being Chin Cua, Sau Hoai, etc. at Rau Ram Bridge, attracting a lot of foreign tourists to visit.
- Sau Hoai rice noodles factory: 476/14 Lo Vong Cung Street, An Binh Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho.
- Chin Cua rice noodles factory: 474C/14A, An Binh Ward, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho.
Truc Lam Phuong Nam Zen Monastery
This place is not only a famous spiritual attraction in Can Tho but also a unique construction of Tay Do land. With the subtlety in every small corner, the spiritual and cultural values of the monastery will surely make visitors feel peace of mind.
Address: My Nhon Street, My Khanh Commune, Phong Dien District, Can Tho.
Binh Thuy ancient house
Binh Thuy ancient house is one of more than 70 old houses in Can Tho province. The ancient house has French-style architecture and was built in 1870 by the Duong family. This house has a lot of cultural and architectural values that visitors can learn about.
Address: 144 Bui Huu Nghia Street, Binh Thuy Ward, Binh Thuy District, Can Tho.
The best time to visit Can Tho
Can Tho has a tropical climate with two distinct seasons, the dry season and the rainy season. Each time has its own beauty, so you can come to Can Tho to travel anytime you like.
- The most vibrant and bustling time in Can Tho is from December to near the Lunar New Year.
- Fruit season: Fruit ripens mainly in the summer, so when traveling at this time you can enjoy a variety of juicy fruits right in the garden.
Things to experience in Can Tho
- Experience Cai Rang floating market in the early morning to see the bustling scene of boats trading on the river.
- Experience street food, take a luxury cruise, explore the pedestrian street at Ninh Kieu Quay.
- Go for a motorbike ride.
- Visit Can Tho bridge.
- Experience fruit orchards.
- Experience making rice noodles at the traditional factory.
- Visiting ecological gardens.
- Visit ancient temples and ancient houses.
- Enjoy the specialty dishes of the West.
Must-try food in Can Tho
- Bun mam (Vietnamese Fermented Fish Noodle Soup)
- Banh xeo (Vietnamese traditional pancake)
- Lau vit nau chao (Vietnamese duck with fermented bean curd hot pot)
- Nem nuong Hai Van (Hai Van grilled meat rolls)
- Ca loc nuong (Grilled snakehead fish)
- Banh hoi (Hammock-shaped Fine rice vermicelli)
- Tropical fruits
How to book a hotel in Can Tho?
Guests can contact to book the hotel in advance through the hotel’s website or Facebook. Depending on individual needs, Can Tho city has all kinds of mid-range to high-class hotels, resorts, and homestays.